Dear Friends of NCNC Happy New Year from the NCNC team! Thank you for partnering with us as we seek to raise funds for facilities in communities in the growth corridors of north-west and south-west Sydney. We are looking forward to seeing God’s outworking of our vision this year. Our website has been updated – check it out to see more of what’s happening – www.ncnc.org.au We’d love for you to ‘like’ us on Facebook and for you to spread the word about our work. News from Stanhope Gardens It was a time of great celebration on a hot Saturday early in December for a sod-turning ceremony at Stanhope Gardens!
After 10 years of meeting in the local leisure centre that can only be used on Sundays, the congregation are excited to be able to plan activities they will be able to offer in their new building.
News from Leppington In 2018, we’ve been excited to see God continue to grow our church. As the community around us has grown, we have seen many people come to join us at Hope, including some who have never set foot in a church before, and some who are reconnecting after many years away from church. We’ve seen people recommit to Jesus, turn to Jesus for the first time, and grow in their maturity in Christ. At the end of 2017 it became apparent to us that we soon would no longer fit in our renovated garage. With the sewer line still to come in and our building project slowly in the works, we knew we couldn’t wait for these things to be finished to solve our space issue! So at the end of October, we made the move to two gatherings! After discussions with our key leaders, we settled on 9am and 10:45am as our two times. To create a space where the first gathering could continue to spend time together once 10:45am has started, we received a grant to erect a marquee. We’re calling it ‘The Grounds of Leppington’. We were excited at Hope to once again hold the Leppington Community Carols, which was even bigger and better than last year! We had over 3000 people come for our fun fair, carols and fireworks. We loved having a Quizworx puppet show that was bold with the gospel of Jesus!
News from Marsden Park
We are so thankful for your support in prayer, mission and other assistance this year. The people in the church and outside the church who we are wanting to reach have been blessed by your partnership in the gospel. We have continued our big focus on connecting with our community and sharing the new life of Jesus with them. As you would know, on Sundays we meet in Richard Johnson Anglican School’s Marsden Park campus, so without a building we need to come up with creative ideas on how to reach the community. We have run many outreach activities from doorknocking, serving our community with coffee and one of our most successful events, in partnership with Richard Johnson Anglican School, was a Twilight Markets, Christmas Carols and Fireworks event. Wow! We expected around 500 people to come but 1,800 came, from both the School and the local community. There were so many opportunities to connect and we also had the opportunity to share Jesus through carols and a short talk on the night. Praise God and we will run it again in 2019 on the last Friday in November.
Praise and Prayer Points
- Give thanks for the appointment of Anthony Dalziel as NCNC’s Honorary Treasurer and pray for him as he begins this new role.
- Give thanks for the great encouragement the sod-turning celebration was to the congregation and supporters at Stanhope. Pray that the tender process and building work will proceed smoothly.
- Thank God for the way He has grown Hope Church. Leppington. Please pray that they would continue to reach their area – at the rate the South West is growing, we’re only scraping the surface! Pray that many would turn to Jesus, the only true hope.
- Give thanks for the Twilight Markets and Carols event at Marsden Park on 30th November. Give thanks to God for providing so many people to connect with. Please pray for planning for next year. There is a need for a mobile play group in Marsden Park, the whole area lacks community buildings and there is a big need for something for parents of young children in the area.
- Give thanks for the generosity of a number of committed donors across the Diocese.
- NCNC’s Board, Chairman Philip Bell and Executive Director Glenn Gardner, in keeping focussed and prayerful in the raising of funds.
- The increased urgency caused by the accelerated growth rate of the population on Sydney’s fringe.
- That more parishes across the Diocese will be led to become partners in this challenge.
- For the establishment of the Anglican Church Growth Corporation, which will help co-ordinate and support the roles of NCNC, Mission Property Committee (MPC) and Evangelism & New Churches (ENC), in meeting the challenges of Sydney’s rapid growth.
Your ongoing prayer support is greatly valued by NCNC and the communities at Stanhope Gardens, Leppington and Marsden Park. Your financial support is helping to build facilities so that these communities can serve God in buildings that can be used for a number of activities.
For donations not requiring a tax deduction:
Archbishop of Sydney NCNC General Fund
BSB 032 016
Account No. 575315
or make cheques payable to NCNC General Fund and post to NCNC:
PO Box Q190,
QVB Post Office, NSW 1230
For donations requiring a tax deduction:
NCNC Funds Ltd AOS Public Ancilliary Fund
BSB 032 016
Account No. 575294
or make cheques payable to NCNC Public Ancillary Fund and post to NCNC:
PO Box Q190,
QBV Post Office, NSW 1230
If you would like to make a donation via credit card please visit our website www.ncnc.org.au or contact our office on 9265 1542.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you need more information.
The Rev Glenn Gardner AM
Tel: 9265 1544
Mob: 0417 416 818